When the Z06 rejoined the Corvette lineup in 2015 as the most capable model in the car’s long, storied history, it also joined an elite fraternity of the world’s most capable supercars. It returns for 2016, offering more choices for personalization to complement its world-class levels of performance – including an all-new C7.R Edition.
The C7.R Edition pays tribute to the Corvette Racing C7.R racecars. It’s offered in Corvette Racing’s signature yellow livery – or black – with coordinated exterior and interior accents. Only 500 will be built, all with the Z07 Performance Package with carbon ceramic brakes, and a specially serialized vehicle identification number.
Additionally, three all-new color-themed design packages – Twilight Blue, Spice Red and Jet Black Suede – offer custom-tailored appearances that elevate the Z06’s presence on the street or track, while features such as an available front parking camera and power-cinching latch for the coupe’s hatchback or convertible’s trunk enhance convenience – and add an extra measure protection.
Additional updates and enhancements for the 2016 Corvette Z06 includes:
- Corvette Racing Yellow Tintcoat and Long Beach Red Metallic Tintcoat exterior colors
- New Carbon Fiber Hood option features a visible weave section
- New “Blade” accessory wheel
- Available two-tone GT seats – red or gray – offered in leather or sueded microfiber
- New red or yellow accent stitching option offered on 3LZ Jet Black interior
- 3LZ trim offers Brownstone interior color and adds color breakup design
- New chrome engine start/stop button
- New Performance Data Recorder icon on the MyLink screen (if equipped).
The Corvette Z06’s capability is rooted in its LT4 supercharged 6.2L V-8 engine, which is SAE-certified at 650 horsepower (485 kW) at 6,400 rpm and 650 lb-ft of torque (881 Nm) at 3,600 rpm – making it the most powerful production car ever from General Motors and one of the most powerful production cars available in the United States.
Read the full release here on Chevrolet’s website, including new images, color choices, and option packages.